Thursday, May 15, 2014

Progress report, May 15th 2014, 6:13pm

Bart at 6:13pm: "...at sea and all good"














I must say that this is not my favorite time of the day. I don't like it when he is out there in the night. Hopefully it's clear skies and lots of stars out there.

When we sailed around the world I never favored the night shifts very much. What I like a lot about being on the ocean when it's dark is when the moon rises and you are under this amazing curtain of stars. That's magic, something what let you drift away like in a meditation. The slow movement of the waves. The really black water is something what scared me. The sound of the waves soothes it.

I know how much Bart was looking forward to do this crossing, how much planning and preparation he put into it.
He admires the tradition of paddling in the Pacific Ocean, wants to show how voyaging still can be done long distance between the islands, just with manpower, to honor the ancient tradition.

When I look at his tracker you can tell that he makes great progress.
Bart was very excited when he tested his expedition board yesterday. It performs better then he expected. The rudder works great.

Aloha and good night from Maui, Dagmar

No comments:

Post a Comment