Saturday, June 25, 2011

Bart in the channel, June 25th 2011, 2:33pm

















Bart is in the Ka'ie'ie Waho Channel and now on his way to Kauai. We all hope he has a fast and safe passage. He hopes for only one more night out there and to be entering Kalapaki Beach before sunset tomorrow. If this will happen, we can estimate when he will be coming into Kalapaki Beach. This morning Soleil and I flew over the channel. Scary to think he's out there all alone. The channel is huge...72 miles. I know he can do it, to be out there myself would be a nightmare for me. No land to see, I remember that when we sailed around the world. But, that was completely different, back then we'd been on a 44ft sailing yacht and not on a 14ft starboard SUP. Waiting for his next beacon signal now.

No comments:

Post a Comment